Thursday, January 21, 2010

here I go...(15)

I think that if I am actually in love, it must be stopping me from using my brain.
There I was facing something that I had stayed away from my entire life
and I only faced it because I saw the name Angela Harper written on it.
The Musical sign up sheet.

the hall was crazy, everyone was screaming with joy or laughing with nervousness.
It was a frenzy in which I could never have imagined.
I walked slowly into the auditorium sat down on the really uncomfortable bleachers, and listened to a bunch of stupid kids try to sing songs that they didn't know the lyrics to. "Hi, Harold! You're trying out for the musical too?", said Angela waving
I turned my head and pretended not to see her(which is funny, because lately her face has been burnt into the back of my head).
I watched"Mouse", Leo, Alice, and Chris sing and dance and then...
"I'm going to sing Imagine by John Lennon.", said Angela
Imagine there's no Heaven, it's easy if you try.
"so beautiful..."
"Dude, what are you doing?", said Leo
Imagine there's no countries, it isn't hard to do. Nothing to kill or die for and no religion too.
"Oh god, I'm so sorry! Uh.....", I said snapping out of my trance
THEN THEY GAVE HER THE PART OF....A TREE!!!
CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!
I was mad. I can't believe that they didn't realize her talent.
I didn't end up auditioning
"hey was your name on the list honey?", said a sweet voice
"um..", I said, "yes"
"did you get to audition?", it was Mrs.Gillson
"I-I was too afraid", I stuttered
"oh sweetheart don't ever be afraid to sing your mind", she said in this familiar mother/teacher voice.
"oh no it's fine, I'm fine", I replied quickly
"did you have a song that you wanted to sing?", she asked
"well, I was thinking of this one song", I admitted
"do you want to sing it to me?", she asked while petting my shoulder
"uh..sure", I said not seeing anyone else around us
she nodded and asked me to start
"Wild World by Cat Stevens"
Lalalalalala...

Now that I've lost everything to you
You say you wanna start something new
And it's breakin' my heart you're leavin'
Baby, I'm grievin'
But if you wanna leave, take good care
Hope you have a lot of nice things to wear
But then a lot of nice things turn bad out there

"wow, that was really nice Harold", she said with a huge smile across her face
"t-thank you", I tried to say
"I'm gonna find you a good part very soon", she said as she walked away professionally

oh no.

No comments:

Post a Comment